英语情景对话:你真会开玩笑
来源:未知 发布时间:2015-03-02 14:42 点击:
次
-Andrea:Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton. 你好,我约了艾米莉查尔顿。 -Emily:Andrea Sachs? 安吉丽娜塞克斯? -Andrea:Yes. 是的。 -Emily:Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor. 要命。
-Andrea:Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton.
你好,我约了艾米莉·查尔顿。
-Emily:Andrea Sachs?
安吉丽娜·塞克斯?
-Andrea:Yes.
是的。
-Emily:Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor.
要命。人力资源部还真会开玩笑。
Follow me.
跟我来。
Okay, so I was Miranda's second assistant…
听着,我本是马林达的第二助手,
but her first assistant recently got promoted, and so now I'm the first.
她首席助手近期晋升,所以我现在是首席助手。
-Andrea:Oh, and you're replacing yourself.
哦,你给自己找替身。
-Emily:Well, I am trying.
但还没找到。
Miranda sacked the last two girls after only a few weeks.
马林达几周内炒了前两个女孩。
We need to find someone who can survive here. Do you understand?
我们需要生存者。明白不?
-Andrea:Yeah. Of course. Who's Miranda?
当然。马林达是谁?
地道口语表达:Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor.真会开玩笑。她是说人力资源部的人眼光很异样奇怪,挑来了一个完全不懂时尚的人做时尚杂志的编辑,自然这也算是一种幽默了。sense of humor幽默感。例如:He is distinguished for his sense of humor. 他以其幽默感著称。前面可以加形容词,表示什么样的幽默感,比如:The fiddler's crude and irreverent sense of humor was distasteful to him.拉琴人的粗鲁无礼的幽默感使他讨厌。
注解:
1.have an appointment with和……有个约会
Well, I have an appointment with my customer.
嗯,我跟我的客户有个约会。
2.promote vt.提升
I was promoted to editor and then editorial director…
我先是被提升为编辑,然后又晋升为编务总监。
3.survive v.幸存
Those organisms that are most suited to the environment will be those that will survive…
最适宜该环境的微生物将会存活下来。
4.first assistant首席助手